The Shocking Reality of How Much It Costs to Install Hardwood Floors – Get Ready to Be Floored!
Are you considering installing hardwood floors in your home? If so, you’ll want to be prepared to be floored by the cost. The cost of installation and materials can vary widely, depending on the type of hardwood, the size of the room, and the complexity of the job. Here’s a look at the average cost to install hardwood floors and what you can expect to pay for the job.
Average Cost of Hardwood Floor Installation
The average cost of hardwood floor installation ranges from $8 to $15 per square foot. This means that a 10-by-10-foot room, or 100 square feet, will cost between $800 and $1,500 for installation. Of course, the price can go up or down depending on several factors.
Factors That Influence Hardwood Floor Installation Costs
When it comes to hardwood floor installation, there are several factors that can affect the total cost. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Type of Hardwood: The type of hardwood you choose will have a big impact on the overall cost. Generally, exotic woods like Brazilian Cherry and African Mahogany are more expensive than domestic woods like Oak and Maple.
- Size of Room: The size of the room you’re installing the hardwood in will also influence the cost. Generally, larger rooms cost more to install.
- Complexity of Job: The complexity of the job can also affect the cost. If the room is irregularly shaped or requires additional prep work, the cost will go up.
Additional Costs to Consider
In addition to the cost of installation, there are other costs you need to consider when installing hardwood floors. These include:
- Materials: Hardwood materials can range from $2 to $15 per square foot, depending on the type of wood you choose.
- Underlayment: Underlayment can range from $0.30 to $1.50 per square foot, depending on the type.
- Molding: Baseboard and other moldings can range from $0.50 to $1.50 per linear foot.
Get Ready to Be Floored!
The cost of installing hardwood floors can be shocking, but it is important to remember that it is an investment in your home. Hardwood floors are a timeless and durable addition that will increase the value of your home and provide years of enjoyment. So, get ready to be floored – it’s worth it!
For more information about hardwood flooring and installation, check out Millinews. Our team of experts can help you find the right type of hardwood and provide a detailed estimate of the cost of installation. Contact us today to get started!